What is an effective non-surgical treatment for neck pain? Chiropractic care is a non-surgical, drug-free treatment for various types of neck pain that will improve your mobility and range of motion and allow you to get on with your regular activities. If your neck hurts on a regular basis and you want long-term pain relief, get in touch with us for a free consultation.
How a Chiropractic Adjustment Can Provide Pain Relief for Your Neck
A chiropractic adjustment can help get rid of a sore neck by aligning your vertebrae and relieving pressure from the nerves of your spinal cord. When you have neck pain it can be challenging to turn your head from side to side or even hold it upright, depending on the severity. Chiropractic treatment will help to reduce the inflammation in your joints so you can start feeling like your old self and get back to your normal routine.
Some of the other benefits of chiropractic care for neck pain include:
- Improved function in your joints
- Reduction in connective tissue and joint degeneration
- Stronger neck muscles
- More flexibility
- Greater mobility and range of motion
- Improved nerve function
- Improved blood circulation to the affected area
The way that non-surgical treatments like chiropractic relieve a painful neck is by targeting the root cause of the discomfort and not just making the symptoms. When you have a sore neck, even if it is severe or chronic, there is some issue under the surface causing the pain. What you feel is an effect of the issue, not the issue itself. When we address that underlying cause, it will also resolve the resulting pain.
Common Causes for Chronic Neck Pain and Conditions
There are several different causes of neck pain that may be due to a chronic, long-term degenerative condition or an acute injury.
Some common causes include:
- Muscle Strain – This may be caused by being hunched over a computer or smartphone, tilting your head a certain way for long periods of time or even gritting your teeth.
- Osteoarthritis – When the cartilage between your joints starts to deteriorate, you can end up with a painful neck condition. This chronic condition affects people from all walks of life and is helped with chiropractic care.
- Whiplash – Car accidents are notorious for causing whiplash and serious neck injuries. The snapping and whipping motion of the head can leave you in pain and unable to function normally.
- Compressed Nerves – Herniated discs and bone spurs can cause pressure on the nerves in and around your spinal cord and cause debilitating pain.
If you are suffering from neck pain in Snohomish County, Whatcom County, Skagit County, Island County or any nearby area, get in touch with us today at (360) 424-1066. We will schedule a free consultation to assess your sore neck and find a customized solution that lasts.